Monday, January 2, 2023

SMALL OR BIG? IT’S UP TO YOU

One of my favourite things to do with my time is to read and watch documentaries and I have had loads of role models through this exercise.

I always feel the more I stay connected to them and their stories, the more I can understand the secrets to their success. So I read and watch documentaries about them, and try to apply their philosophies to my own life.


Today, I would like to share with you a prolific lesson I learnt some years ago.

I read about the legendary basketball coach - John Wooden, and came across his interview with Newsweek. He said “I think it’s the little things that really count. The first thing I would show our players at our first meeting was how to take a little extra time for them to put on their shoes and socks properly”.

He went on to describe that though putting on socks and shoes correctly and meticulously was a small act, it both prevented many injuries on the hard basketball floor and taught players the discipline and power of doing things correctly, small or big.

Lesson: How we do anything is how we do everything. A little progress each day adds up to big results.

My name is Kofi Anokye, and I believe in you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment